Subscribe via email

Subscribe to A Real Baby?! by Email

Clicking on this link lets you sign up to get an email on days I post a new item. You can unsubscribe at any time.

7.06.2011

Allllllmost Two!

Only a week and a half until my baby is TWO!  Here are a few pictures of him lately that make me smile :)

Ben's favorite pair of shoes are his boots.  He has yet to wear them in actual rain, but wants to put them on all the time!  The cowboy hat is fun, too, but a bit too small....ha!
Still wearing his rain boots....a favorite outside activity lately is to play with the water hose.  At first he wasn't strong enough to pull the handle, but he quickly figured out a way!  He's pretty good about not squirting water in the garage when we tell him not to, but it is everywhere else!  That little booger has actually squirted both of us with water in the face a time or two as we were coming over....REAL funny as long as you're not the one getting wet!
Ben also had his first visit to the dentist last month.  He's got all his baby teeth in except for three molars.  Dr. Bowers was really great with him, even though he absolutely did NOT want to open up -  not even just for a look!  I guess we'll attempt a cleaning next time :)
Ben and Bunny.  Bunny's presence is requested/required at every nap and night-night time.  He's already getting a little worn and dirty, but thank goodness, they sell more "Bunnies" on Amazon.  I've got the page bookmarked in case Bunny #1 goes missing!!

Some highlights for "What's New?" with Ben...

He's very loving lately, giving us lots of kisses and wanting to snuggle.  This makes my day!!  Sometimes he comes up and says, "I love you, Mama" totally unsolicited!  When I'm rocking him for a nap, he'll often reach up and touch my face and say I love you....

Ben asks for "appy jacks" and Oreos all the time...at dinner every night, even though we NEVER have them for a meal, ha!  He also asks for eggs a lot, and likes them with ketchup. (He must have gotten this from his Dad!!)

Favorite Books:  Yummy, Yucky and I Spy

Funny sayings:  “Mama Eat It!” when I'm trying to feed him something he doesn't want, and "Baby Aunt Anne" is what he calls Baby Anna because I taught him Aunt Anne's name right before we told him about Anna, and the two just run together, I guess!

Mr. Smarty Pants knows how to open childproof bottles and unlock deadbolted doors (yikes!) and can count to 20 and knows all his ABC's by name and in song!

Ben and big brother Chandler playing with dandelions and blow pops at Mason's baseball game:

0 comments:

Post a Comment