Subscribe via email

Subscribe to A Real Baby?! by Email

Clicking on this link lets you sign up to get an email on days I post a new item. You can unsubscribe at any time.

4.05.2014

Anna's room

I thought I would post some pictures of Anna's nursery...even though she's not a baby anymore, this is what her room has always looked like.  Maybe one day she'll enjoy looking back at it, and finally here's a look for all my girlfriends in EA that pored over paint colors and fabric samples with me for months :)

I found a similar idea on the web and changed it around to work for Anna's room.  Mark painted her room the pink and blue, and I painted the tree on the wall. It has cream and gold flowers, and ivory and pink rosettes that I made out of linen.  I couldn't find the right shade of pink linen, so I dyed some of the ivory with good ol' RIT dye.  It was a lot of fun.

Anna in her room with "Blankie". 
One side of her crib is up on risers because she has a little cough right now and it helps :)

 
Behind Anna's chair is a ballerina poster my sister Anne brought me back from Germany when we were 18.  I had it framed for my room in college, and now it hangs in Anna's room! 

In one corner of her room, I hung a sweet plate with her 6-week old footprints, a cross stitched prayer someone made for me when I was born (and hung in my nursery), and a shadow box with Anna's hospital bracelet, bassinet name tag, and first little shirt....ohhhh, so sweet!
This little table was in my dad's house when I was little, and went to college with me to my first apartment!
 
 
Her dresser, with newborn pictures on the wall.


To hold all of Anna's hairbows, Mark made this from an idea I saw on Pinterest.  Then I hung one of the garland decorations from her 2nd birthday celebration above it.  It's so fun to have a little girl!
 

This is a special painting that my mom's friend Cathy Harvey painted just for Anna.  The green book says "Jemima Puddle Duck for Anna".
 

My Grandaddy Dunn made this sweet stool long ago.  It was PERFECT to put in Anna's room!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment