Subscribe via email

Subscribe to A Real Baby?! by Email

Clicking on this link lets you sign up to get an email on days I post a new item. You can unsubscribe at any time.

2.12.2009

A "Real" KICK!!

Today I finally felt this little baby kick!! The doctor said between 18-22 weeks is when you can begin to feel movement, and sure enough....right on time :) I've been feeling little twitches and thumps for about a week now, but just can't tell the difference between them and the usual tummy rumblings. Today, though, I felt this "poke" of pressure similar to something I felt Tuesday. Then, when I put my hand on my belly to feel, *THUMP*....there was another I could actually feel with my hand! Then a bit of what felt like rolling around in there, and baby must have gotten tired and settled down ~ how exciting!!

During Week 18, the baby is about 5 1/2 inches long. Or, the size of a soup can - ha!

Also, he/she is starting to develop the ability to hear and may be startled by loud noises outside the womb. Mark and I have to chatting with this little one...I read somewhere they will recognize familiar voices from inside the womb after being born!!

Only 11 more days until we find out 1) most importantly - if the baby looks healthy and has 10 fingers and 10 toes, etc. and 2) most anticipated: BOY OR GIRL!!!

(or as Chandler put it...."When do we find out if it's a boy or not?" Ya think he wants a brother?????)

This reminds me....why have only 4 people voted for Boy or Girl? Don't worry...your vote will not actually change the sex of the baby ~ it's just for fun! ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment