Subscribe via email

Subscribe to A Real Baby?! by Email

Clicking on this link lets you sign up to get an email on days I post a new item. You can unsubscribe at any time.

11.08.2009

Four Months Old!

Whoops! I was drafting a "6 Month Stats" post on what Ben's been up to when I found the one from 4 months that I never posted! So, even though this is old news, I wanted to post it anyway so when I look back I can remember what our days were like at that age :) Not too exciting, but wait! I'm hoping to post a video soon - Blogger.com is having technical difficulties right now, but is supposed to resolve them soon, so stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow! Mark and I can't believe how much Ben has changed in just one month. He's really starting to show his little personality in ways that are so, so fun!! I am absolutely loving every single day I'm home caring for him, and feel so very blessed to have such a sweet baby boy to love :)

At four months, Ben is....


  • still wearing size 2 diapers

  • wearing size 3-6 months clothes

  • trying SO hard to sit up...in the carseat, the bouncy seat, when he's eating, etc...!

  • sleeping from 8:30 or 9 o'clock until around 5:30 or 6:00 a.m., with the 11:30 "dreamfeed" of about 3 oz of formula (Daddy's job!)

  • still sleeping swaddled. I've tried a few naps with one arm out, but they end up being much shorter, so I guess we're not ready to drop the swaddle yet.

  • still nursing about five times a day! I can't believe we've made it this far...but still hanging in there week by week.

Here's how our typical day goes:

  • 5:30 - wake up, Mama gives Ben a paci several times to get him through to breakfast time.

  • 7:00 - nurse, hang out and watch Mama eat cereal, play a bit

  • 8:30 or 9:00 - nap until 10:30 or 11:00

  • 11:00 - nurse while watching The Price is Right, hang out and watch Mama eat a sandwich and/or get a shower. Time for Ben to get dressed before his nap.

  • 12:30 - nap about 45 minutes or an hour

  • 2:00 - nurse again

  • 2:30 - play, maybe a stroller ride, read a book, etc.

  • 3:30 - nap again, hopefully until 5:00

  • 5:00 - nurse, eagerly await Daddy to get home! Possibly nap before bath.

  • 7:45 - Bathtime ~ Ben's favorite part of the day!

  • 8 or 8:30 - nurse again, then to bed around 8:30 or 9:00

  • 11:30 - "dream"feed

0 comments:

Post a Comment